Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Kenna, the Texan Cowgirl

OK, so this is fairly unusual that I would update the blog so quickly after my last update, but so many things happened today, I couldn't resist. First of all, Kenna received a prize for her AR points, silly string....When she gets silly string, we all go outside, and she is allowed to shoot us with it. The following pictures are of her trying to shoot Mark with the string.













The next thing that happened (and these are not in order)

Kenna had a visit from Christian's mom at school today. In case you are unaware, as most of you are, here is the story with Christian.

They have been best friends since Pre-K. They are both in GT together. They decided this year that they loved e
ach other. Christian's family moved a couple months ago, and the both of them have been extremely sad over the loss of their best friend. Christian's family is awesome, and I even taught his older sister three years ago, and now his older brother this year. Christian and Kenna were supposed to go see a movie last month together, with his family and have a good time. We had thunderstorms that day, so it was canceled. I think that covers the background story....


Onto current events....as I was saying, Christian's mother dropped by Kenna's school today to drop off a belated Valentines present. Christian sent her a stuffed puppy, and a "love note." The following is the note, word for word, letter for letter.....


"Dear Kenna, this is a late valintine prese
nt. Ive mist you so much. I didn't take you to see spiderwick because we almost died out thier. I wont come back because If I tried thier would be no place to go. when I graduate collage Ill come see you, love Christian."


(I assume the "dying out there" is in reference to the storm and the not coming back would be in reference to moving back.) Anyway, I just thought this was SUPER cute.


Here is the picture of Kenna holding her new stuffed dog and love note.



And finally, the third and last item, and this was how my morning started.

Kenna informed me that cowgirls wore pink. She then informed me that she would be dressing as a Texan Cowgirl today. Here are the pictures of Kenna, a Texan Cowgirl



Pink boots, pink shirt, pink jacket, and pink belt





Showing off her pink boots!






2 comments:

kt said...

those were really cute and fun pics of kenna! thanks so much for sharing them! i love being able to keep updated on her with being so far away! wish i could see her while she is with her dad over spring break...but i guess i will have to wait until she comes out for summer! love you kenna!
aunt kt

Blackmans said...

Tag your it... read my blog.