Most everyone knows by now, I've called everyone (I think) to tell them the exciting news....Kenna has joined an orchestra. I started in the 5th grade, so she'll be playing a year longer than me if she keeps it up through high school as I did.
This is not a "school" orchestra, though we practice and have concerts at the school. There is no funding for an organization of this magnitude which is sad. We have to pay to be a part of it, but the fond memories I have of being in an orchestra, I want Kenna to be able to experience the same thing.
So, we are officially "orch dorks" in the house! Yesterday was her first rehearsal, and they learned about the different parts, how to care for their instruments and other beginning types of things. I can't wait to drag my violin out and play with her!
I'll get better pics of her playing eventually, but these will have to do for now!!!!!
This is not a "school" orchestra, though we practice and have concerts at the school. There is no funding for an organization of this magnitude which is sad. We have to pay to be a part of it, but the fond memories I have of being in an orchestra, I want Kenna to be able to experience the same thing.
So, we are officially "orch dorks" in the house! Yesterday was her first rehearsal, and they learned about the different parts, how to care for their instruments and other beginning types of things. I can't wait to drag my violin out and play with her!
I'll get better pics of her playing eventually, but these will have to do for now!!!!!
1 comment:
That is so awesome! I can't wait to hear her on the violin! Be sure to practice often, Kenna!
Post a Comment