Thursday, December 9, 2010

Santa Clause!!

I didn't realize tonight was the night Santa was visiting Show Low. Good thing Mark called and told me there were signs pointing out of town to see Santa. We hadn't eaten dinner, and I didn't want to wait til after dinner like last year because we stood in line FOREVER to see the big man...

So we dressed in a hurry, forgetting mittens for Jack, myself and Kenna. Kasey was the only one prepared. IT WAS COLD. We get to the Bluffs, and they are providing hay rides to the area where Santa was located. Awesome I thought to myself - less walking means less pain for me!

I couldn't have been more wrong about everything. We left the house at 5 and didn't get back til 7:30. We did not get there early enough evidently. They hay ride - catastrophe. It was freezing, the cold cold wind was just awful. (I'm a scrooge) Kasey HATED it. Absolutely HATED it.

Nevertheless, we waited patiently to see Santa. I nearly gave up and went home because I had to hold Kasey the whole time we were in line and my back was hurting terribly. But we made it. (I sat in the stroller while holding KC and that helped!)












I can't for the life of me figure out why blogger insists on flipping one picture out of every post on it's side like this - it's super frustrating!



I like this picture of Jack, even though there is a booger on his face...




Kasey bundled up and sleeping













OK, he didn't smile, but at least he sat and talked to Santa - progress from last years photo!










Kasey had just woken up and really wasn't sure what was going on - she didn't smile either, but at least she didn't scream! This was my last first picture with Santa for my children...bittersweet to say the least!

1 comment:

barbie said...

I'm crying/laughing with the "booger" caption!! Oh! I just snort laughed too! Aww, last first Santa visit - bittersweet indeed. Adorable pics, K!! (as always!) Love you guys so much <3