Friday, September 26, 2008

Kenna's field trip

Kenna had a field trip today. She and her class went to Snowflake AZ for a corn maize (ha ha get it?) and pumpkin patch. It was an absolutely fantastic day. The two things didn't really set well with me, Snowflake and corn field, but I made it out alive, and to my knowledge, I was not abducted by aliens....at least that I know of.

I'm sure you've all seen that movie, Fire in the Sky? It was based on a true story, and the guy that it was about lives in Snowflake, and lived in Snowflake when it happened....scary!



This is how the field trip began. We arrived to the farm where the corn maze was located, and Kenna's bus pulled in, hit a pole or something and the air came rushing out of the tire. I saw the whole thing, and was very embarrassed for the driver. When they parked, I noticed they had bent the rim of the tire too....oops! This is Kenna, Adriana and Michaela.




Kenna in the pumpkin patch area




This wasn't your everyday corn maze. The kids had to answer questions while going through the maze. If they answered correctly, they were led the correct way through the maze. This is not Kenna's teacher, there was a sub today. Mrs. Comers, if you are reading this, you missed out!





Random corn





Posing by a scarecrow






After the festivities at the maze, we went to the city park for some lunch. Jack escaped from his stroller, and walked around for awhile. He mainly chased his sister around while she played.













Jack ventured off into a sea of third graders. He watched them run back and forth, back and forth. I don't think he could quite figure out what on earth they were doing.




The girls' pumpkins they picked out. Kenna had picked an awesome pumpkin, made me carry the darn thing, then half-way back through the field, traded it for a small one. Grrrr

No comments: