Kenna has been complaining of a tooth hurting lately. I looked in her mouth and it was evident she had a cavity. After about thirty phone calls to local area dentists, we found out that unless she was taken to a pediatric dentist, she would be referred to one anyway in Tucson. Needless to say, that was much further than I wanted to drive. Luckily, there is one, and only one here in Show Low. We made it in for a 12pm appt. to have the tooth looked at. I was hoping to have the problem solved right then and there, but we had to make a second appointment, on Wednesday to fix the tooth. The cavity was so bad, she will be enjoying a one hour "baby" root canal. The tooth will eventually fall out, as it is a baby tooth (thank goodness) so she will be pirate like until it does fall out, with a lovely silver tooth. How exciting!
An anxious Kenna awaits the arrival of the dentist...dum dum dum....
Looking around the office. It was actually the nicest dentist office I've ever been in. It's not like the old days anymore, the x-rays are done by computer, and evidently, they don't want you to feel like you are in a dungeon anymore. Everything is open with clean lines, making you feel rather comfortable!
Kenna holding the contraption while they take the picture. Because the x-rays are done by computer now, there is 80% less radiation, so I was able to stay with Kenna. Pretty cool, eh?
The hygienist was finished, and Kenna waited for the dentist. I asked her to smile for me, and this is what she gave me to work with!
Here, the dentist is taking a look. He was very kind and I liked him.
Kenna says he "was pretty nice."
Did you know a lot of dentists aren't using the good old fashioned laughing gas anymore? Evidently, as a dentist, if you have an assistant who is pregnant, and the baby comes out with birth defects, the dentist must pay child support. If that's not crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment